Nexus One Success Could Threaten VerizonSponsored link
An interesting article over at feelandroid.com gives us something to think about in relation to the Nexus One and possible threat to Verizon.
We now all know that the Google Nexus One will not debut directly with Verizon and so therefore will not be available through the largest US carrier.
The question being asked though is will the Nexus One pose a threat to Verizon if it is successful, bearing in mind that is pretty much what the model is all about.
It is about liberating customers from the 2 year standard carrier contracts and give the option to pay upfront and be able to walk away at any point, so far Nokia have failed with the unsubsidised model and we are all used to paying a little up front for Smartphones and that is what Google is attempting to change.
Labels: Google Nexus one
Links to this post:
- HTC Hero Android 2.1 due Feb/March with Sense upda...
- Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Android Phone
- Sprint HTC EVO 4G WiMAX Phone
- Opera Mini for iPhone submitted to Apple for appro...
- ThickButtons for Android
- TrueCaller App for iPhone
- Palm Pre Plus, Pixi Plus land on AT&T
- Palm Pre Plus, Pixi Plus may hit O2 in April
- Black HTC Desire Spotted On Amazon France
- Motorola i1 - World's First Push-To-Talk Android P...