Moto Sholes to reveal as the DroidSponsored link
Motorola's Sholes has received a new name, and details of when it should be unveiled, through a new slip of information. Unnamed contacts for BGR have claimed it will simply be called the Droid when it ships and that it should be unveiled for Verizon in two weeks. They add that, unlike the Cliq, the phone should be a full "with Google" device and will run a regular version of Android instead of Motorola's social network-heavy MOTOBLUR.
The news follows posts of several photos of the Droid from the user of a pre-release example that confirm the look of the device as well as that it should be running at least Android 1.6, which supports the new-look Android Market. Google's Latitude friend service has also been spotted running in the map utility.
Electronista has been able to independently confirm additional rumors as to the shipping timeframe of the Droid. People familiar with Verizon's plans expect the 5-megapixel touchscreen slider to ship in early December.
Labels: Moto Sholes
Links to this post:
- Windows Mobile to reach 15% of smartphones in 2013...
- Nokia's 6350 handset coming to AT&T on October 4th...
- T-Mobile G1s get Android 1.6 update today, myTouch...
- Motorola Ruby V13 Passes Bluetooth SIG
- Pantech Showcases Crystal IM-S500K
- Blackberry desktop manager for Mac hits on October...
- Nokia Beta Labs Introduces The Ovi Mail Setup Appl...
- Nokia 2705 Shade comes to Verizon Wireless
- Verizon Wireless launches rugged Motorola Barrage
- Verizon launches HTC Imagio smartphone