T-Mobile G1s get Android 1.6 update today, myTouch 3Gs tomorrow?Sponsored link
T-Mobile may be on the verge of updating its Android phones with the 1.6 update with "Donut" features, a last-minute leak has confirmed. Starting today, the carrier is reported by TmoNews to be giving both G1 and myTouch 3G users the upgraded features, which are known to include device-wide search, gestures, text-to-speech and likely the redesigned Android Market. A handful of G1 owners have had the update as of midnight; 24 hours from that point, some myTouch 3G owners should also get the update barring technical issues found in the test rollout.
The release will follow the approach T-Mobile took for the 1.5 update and stagger the update over coming days across all Android phones on the network rather than patch all of them at once. T-Mobile hasn't yet confirmed the update plans, but a small number of G1 owners report already receiving 1.6 on their phones and haven't mentioned issues that would preclude the myTouch update this evening.
Labels: T-Mobile G1
Links to this post:
- Motorola Ruby V13 Passes Bluetooth SIG
- Pantech Showcases Crystal IM-S500K
- Blackberry desktop manager for Mac hits on October...
- Nokia Beta Labs Introduces The Ovi Mail Setup Appl...
- Nokia 2705 Shade comes to Verizon Wireless
- Verizon Wireless launches rugged Motorola Barrage
- Verizon launches HTC Imagio smartphone
- Verizon Wireless Introduces the Razzle by PCD
- Your mobile and desktop search history now in sync...