Palm webOS Now Arriving On Your Phone via Over-the-Air UpdateSponsored link
The latest update to Palm webOS is now arriving on your phone via an over-the-air update. The update is now available for customers on the Sprint network in the US and on the O2 UK, O2 DE, O2 Ireland, and Movistar networks in Europe. The update has been released for customers using the Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus on Verizon Wireless. The update is expected to be available for Palm webOS phones on other networks soon. Highlights of the latest update include:
* The ability to capture, edit, and share video: Not only can you easily shoot video footage from your Palm webOS phone, but you can also make quick edits and upload your footage to YouTube or Facebook (or send them via email or MMS) with just a couple of taps (see video above).
* Get more done faster: The Calendar, Phone, Messaging, and Email apps have all been enhanced with new features to simplify common tasks (many based on feedback from our customers). For example, in the Calendar app, you can now dial a number that appears in the subject of an appointment. In the Email app, you can now sort by date, sender, and subject. In the Phone app, the Call log offers more options to easily connect to a contact (such as via SMS). And there are some new shortcuts for zipping from one app to another (for example, moving from a chat view to a phone call with that person). You¹ll also see improved performance in these apps.
* Enhanced notifications: The LED in the gesture area now lights up and pulses if you have a notification (even when the screen is off). You can also customize notification sounds in Messaging, Email (on an account-by-account basis), and Calendar. And there are new notification sounds in the ringtones library to give your more customization options for your alert.
See more details of the Palm webOS 1.4 update in action at http://www.palm.com/us/products/software/update/index.html. Your phone will automatically update within a few days once Palm webOS 1.4 is available on your carrier. You can also trigger the update using the Updates app.
Links to this post:
- Sprint Sells Palm Pixi For Just $49.99
- Samsung Corby Folder gets official
- LG GW620 launched in Italy as LG LinkMe
- Google Nexus one coming to Verizon in March, Vodaf...
- Motorola Cliq OTA Update Causing Problems
- Urbanspoon for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Now A...
- AT&T to Launch LG Arena, Mobile TV Phone for $200
- NBC Gives Mobile Access to the Olympics
- YouMail App for BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone
- Nokia X6 16GB hits Nokia Flagship Stores in the U....